I have pieced together the following information mainly from family records, US Census records, and online marriage records from Maine. As far as I know it's accurate but incomplete, please feel free to verify and correct any information.
Descendants of Cornelius Kervin
*Generation No. 1
1. CORNELIUS KERVIN was born 1799 in Limerick, Ireland, and died 1871 in Canada. He married ELLEN KENNAH in Canada. She was born 1802 in Ireland, and died 1891. Both are buried at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, at the Forks of the Miramichi and Cains Rivers.
Children of CORNELIUS KERVIN and ELLEN KENNAH are:
i. PATRICK KERVIN, b. Mar 1839, Canada. (Never married, lived with other family members as seen in US Census of Linneus Maine)
ii. JOHN KERVIN, b. Abt. 1841, New Brunswick. (Unsure whether John married, assume so, but have been unable to verify which John Kervin this is)
iii. WILLIAM KERVIN, b. 10 Feb 1842, Miramichi, New Brunswick, Canada; d. 13 Jan 1907.
iv. CORNELIUS KERVIN, b. Apr 1848, New Brunswick.
Note: there may be more children of Cornelius and Ellen that I'm unaware of.
*Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM KERVIN (CORNELIUS) was born 10 Feb 1842 in Miramichi, New Brunswick, Canada, and died 13 Jan 1907. He married LOUISA ADAMS, daughter of WILLIAM ADAMS and ELIZA HUGHS. She was born 24 May 1852, and died 28 Jun 1938.
Children of WILLIAM KERVIN and LOUISA ADAMS are:
i. WILLIAM J. KERVIN, b. 12 May 1881, Linneus, Maine; d. 11 Oct 1957.
ii. ELLEN D KERVIN, b. 15 Aug 1872, Linneus, Aroostook, Maine; d. 09 Oct 1947.
iii. MARGARET (aka Maggie) E KERVIN, b. 16 Jun 1878; d. 08 Jul 1931; m. ARTHUR STERRITT, 26 Nov 1896; b. 11 Oct 1871; d. 13 May 1939.
3. CORNELIUS KERVIN (CORNELIUS) was born Apr 1848 in New Brunswick. He married ALICE ROCKWELL 18 Nov 1875 in Houlton, Aroostook, Maine. She was born Nov 1857 in New Brunswick.
Children of CORNELIUS KERVIN and ALICE ROCKWELL are:
i. ANNIE KERVIN, b. Abt. 1876.
ii. MARY A KERVIN, b. May 1874, Maine.
iii. ETHEL L KERVIN, b. Feb 1881.
iv. JULIA P KERVIN, b. Feb 1884; m. MICHAEL E HOGAN, 02 May 1906.
v. BERNICE N KERVIN, b. Feb 1886.
vi. ADA H KERVIN, b. Mar 1889.
*Generation No. 3
4. WILLIAM J. KERVIN (WILLIAM, CORNELIUS) was born 12 May 1881 in Linneus, Maine, and died 11 Oct 1957. He married EDNA M. STERRITT 14 Jun 1899 in Linneus, Maine, daughter of GEORGE STERRITT and SARAH WINSHIP(?). She was born 26 Mar 1882, and died 28 Jan 1964.
Children of WILLIAM KERVIN and EDNA STERRITT are:
i. HATTIE VIOLA KERVIN, b. 09 Feb 1900, Linneus, Maine; m. WALDO A WORTHLEY, 02 Oct 1919.
ii. LELA DORIS KERVIN, b. 22 Jul 1904, Linneus, Maine.
iii. VELMA MILDRED KERVIN, b. 23 Jul 1906, Linneus, Maine.
iv. JENNIE LOUISA KERVIN, b. 07 Apr 1909, Linneus, Maine.
v. GORDON LEIGH KERVIN, b. 14 Dec 1911, Linneus, Maine.
vi. WILMA EDNA KERVIN, b. 16 Feb 1915, Linneus, Maine.
vii. LLOYD MERLE KERVIN, b. 29 Apr 1917, Linneus, Maine.
viii. ELMER WILLIAM KERVIN, b. 13 Mar 1919, Houlton, Maine; m. RUTH ROCKWELL, 16 Jul 1938.
ix. CHESTER HANFORD KERVIN, b. 27 Aug 1920, New Limerick, Maine; m. (1) MARJORIE JOYCE DOW, 19 Sep 1939, Woodstock, Carleton, New Brunswick; b. 01 Aug 1921, Houlton, Maine; d. 23 Jul 2000, Wellsville, Allegany, New York; m. (2) GERTRUDE WISE, Bet. 1945 - 1956; m. (3) VERA WORTHLEY, 01 Nov 1956; b. 11 Aug 1924.
x. FORREST ELVIN KERVIN, b. 27 Jun 1925, New Limerick, Maine; m. REGINA MARGUERITE GINIVAN, 22 Jan 1946, Woodstock, Carleton, New Brunswick.
5. ELLEN D KERVIN (WILLIAM, CORNELIUS) was born 15 Aug 1872 in Linneus, Aroostook, Maine, and died 09 Oct 1947. She married (1) UNKNOWN BRAGAN. She married (2) ISAAC S SAWYER 17 Jun 1894. He was born May 1869.
Child of ELLEN KERVIN and UNKNOWN BRAGAN is:
i. HAZEN BRAGAN, b. 29 Apr 1892, Washington; d. 24 Nov 1969, Corinna, Penobscot, Maine; m. GLENA; b. Abt. 1899
Child of ELLEN KERVIN and ISAAC SAWYER is:
ii. IVA F SAWYER, b. Apr 1895.
6. MARY A KERVIN (CORNELIUS(2), CORNELIUS(1)) was born May 1874 in Maine. She married JAMES HANNAN.
Children of JAMES HANNAN and MARY KERVIN are:
i. BESSIE E HANNAN, b. Abt. 1893; m. HARRY M CONLOGUE, 18 Oct 1916.
ii. GEORGIA B HANNAN, b. 13 Mar 1897; d. 01 Sep 1965, Houlton, Aroostook, Maine; m. GEORGE M. BENN, 25 Aug 1923; b. 26 Jul 1890; d. 06 Nov 1964, Hodgdon, Maine.
iii. FRANCES V HANNAN, b. Abt. 1898.(Francis appears in the 1900 US Census, but does not appear again. Is not mentioned in family information)
iv. PHYLLIS HANNAN, b. Abt. 1899.
v. PHILLIP S HANNAN, b. Abt. 1900.
vi. WILFRED L HANNAN, b. 14 Jul 1904; d. Mar 1986, Pompano Beach, Broward, Florida; m. MONICA O'SULLIVAN, 02 Sep 1929.
vii. BERNARD J HANNAN, b. 18 Jul 1908; d. 10 Sep 1972, Houlton, Aroostook, Maine; m. GLENNIS L MAXELL, 25 Aug 1937.
viii. GERTRUDE HANNAN, b. Abt. 1912; m. UNKNOWN GILLEY.
note: Edna Sterritt (m William J Kervin) and Arthur Sterritt (m Margaret (aka Maggie) Kervin) are brother and sister. Their father George Sterritt, and Louisa Adams Kervin married after the deaths of their first spouses.
I have sources for all my information, and would be happy to email anyone interested a gedcom file, a .pdf file, or a .txt file of this information including the sources. I also have information on the next generations of descendants, but many of them are alive, so I have chosen not to post to protect their privacy.
Sue Kervin (Kendall, Chester, William J, William, Cornelius)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|