I hope this helps:
Simon Jeffreys b abt 1675 James City, VA d: 1733 Bertie, NC
m: Elizabeth Pottle d: 1742 Northampton NC formed 1741 from Bertie. She remarried Jeremiah Hilliard, and they had 5 known children.
1. Elizabeth Jeffreys b: abt 1724 married (1st) John Boddie and (2nd) John Pope b:1723 Edgecombe NC (formed 1741 from Bertie) d: 1799 Granville NC (formed 1746 from Granville). His parents were Maj. John Henry Pope and Mourning McKinney. They had 1.(Rev.) John Pope b: 1762 Granville d: 1828 Williamson, TN. 2. Osborne Pope 3.Temperance Pope 4. Jane Pope and 4. Crawford Pope.
Simon and Elizabeth (Pottle) also had Osborne Jeffreys b: 1715 James City VA d:1793 Franklin NC (formed 1779 from Bute, formed 1762 from Granville) He was the Capt of the Granville Militia in 1762 and m: Patience Spiers. They had 1. William Jeffreys m: Mary Gray
2. Simon Jeffreys m:Sarah Norfleet
3. Elizabeth Jeffreys m Charles R. Eaton
4. David Jeffreys m Barbara Bell
5. Paul JEffreys m Susanna Peters
6. Mary Jeffreys m John Hunt
7. Osborne Jeffreys 1777-1850 Greene, TN married Sarah West and Jane Miller
Simon and Elizabeth also had Robert Jeffreys and William Jeffreys (no info).
Osborne Jeffreys can be found in Granville NC genweb records under Jeffreys, Jeffers, Jeffries.... thats all the info I have.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|