To read the proofs for the following descendencys read my postings this forum:
All of the ones relating to Jonathan Douglass (of Knox Co, TN) Greene Co, MO and Monroe Co, TN estate settlements and all of Dr. James Douglass' estate settlements. There was a two page letter by his widow naming all of his heirs. Further tying them together however was a suit brought against the heirs in Lawrence Co, MO by Samuel Stephens in 1874 naming Nancy C. Douglass.......(and James Douglass' heirs, he died without issue). These records tie the Douglass families of Jonathan Douglass, Second together. I have much more about them. The given names with "?" by them are heirs of Dr. James Douglass but they may not be with the correct parents. The Murray children also used Hensley. I believe them to be the children of Jane Long Douglass (Cherokee) and James Murray (and grandchildren of Nancy Caroline (Glass) m1 Thomas Douglass, m2 his brother James S. Douglass.
1. JONATHAN1 DOUGLASS, FIRST was born Bef. 1725. He married JEMIMA.
Children of JONATHAN DOUGLASS and JEMIMA are:
2. i. JONATHAN2 DOUGLASS, SECOND, b. April 25, 1751, poss Virginia.
ii. ALEXANDER? DOUGLASS.
Generation No. 2
2. JONATHAN2 DOUGLASS, SECOND (JONATHAN1) was born April 25, 1751 in poss Virginia. He married (1) MARY YOUNG, daughter of ROBERT YOUNG and MARY DOUGLASS. He married (2) ELIZABETH DOYLE January 26, 1804.
Children of JONATHAN DOUGLASS and MARY YOUNG are:
3. i. SON3 DOUGLASS.
4. ii. THOMAS DOUGLASS, b. April 25, 1774, Virginia; d. Bet. October 30, 1830 - 1840.
iii. JAMES S. DOUGLASS, DR., b. 1775; d. 1859; m. (1) MARTHA WHITE; m. (2) NANCY CAROLINE GLASS, 1848, Dade Co, MO.
More About JAMES S. DOUGLASS, DR.:
Date born 2: 1775
5. iv. JEMIMA DOUGLASS, b. August 14, 1776, Jonesboro, Washington Co, TN; d. August 26, 1846, Bowie Co, TX.
6. v. ELIZABETH DOUGLASS.
7. vi. JONATHAN DOUGLASS, THIRD, b. May 20, 1791, prob Johnson City, Washington County, Tennessee; d. June 21, 1841, Greene County, Missouri.
Children of JONATHAN DOUGLASS and ELIZABETH DOYLE are:
8. vii. MARY POLLY ANN3 DOUGLASS, b. 1805; d. Aft. 1840, poss Henry Co, TN.
9. viii. ISABELLA DOUGLASS, b. 1812, Knox Co, TN; d. 1894, Denton Co, TX.
Generation No. 3
3. SON3 DOUGLASS (JONATHAN2, JONATHAN1)
Children of SON DOUGLASS are:
i. POLLY4 DOUGLASS, m. EVERETT.
ii. JAMES? EMSLEY? DOUGLASS.
4. THOMAS3 DOUGLASS (JONATHAN2, JONATHAN1) was born April 25, 1774 in Virginia, and died Bet. October 30, 1830 - 1840. He married NANCY CAROLINE GLASS August 27, 1814 in Washington Co, TN, daughter of GLASS and WARE.
More About THOMAS DOUGLASS:
Date born 2: April 25, 1774
Children of THOMAS DOUGLASS and NANCY GLASS are:
i. ELIZABETH4 DOUGLAS, b. April 04, 1803, prob Knox County, Tennessee; d. January 05, 1837, prob Greene County, Missouri; m. ABRAHAM DENTON WHITE, February 24, 1820, Knox County, Tennessee.
ii. JONATHAN DOUGLAS.
iii. JAMES DOUGLAS, d. Bef. 1874.
iv. EMILY DOUGLAS, m. ??? HOLLOWAY.
v. ALMANINE? DOUGLAS, m. ??? HOLLOWAY.
vi. MARTHA? DOUGLAS, m. ??? LOW.
vii. POLLY DOUGLAS, b. Abt. 1800; d. Prob Rusk Co, TX; m. SYLVANUS EVERETT, April 19, 1819, Knox Co, TN; d. Prob Rusk Co, TX.
viii. RUTILLA? DOUGLAS, m. JOHN CONNELL.
ix. AMANDA? JANE? DOUGLAS, m. JONATHAN MORRISON.
x. NIMROD DOUGLASS.
xi. BUSHROD DOUGLASS.
xii. COONROD DOUGLASS.
xiii. JONATHAN L. DOUGLASS, b. Abt. 1822, TN; d. Bef. 1880; m. NANCY ???; b. Bet. 1833 - 1836, TN.
xiv. JANE LONG DOUGLASS, d. 1852; m. JAMES MURRAY, Abt. 1830; b. Abt. 1810, SC; d. 1898.
5. JEMIMA3 DOUGLASS (JONATHAN2, JONATHAN1) was born August 14, 1776 in Jonesboro, Washington Co, TN, and died August 26, 1846 in Bowie Co, TX. She married JOSEPH GLASS February 17, 1796 in Leesburg, Washington Co, TN, son of WILLIAM GLASS and SARAH PURSELLY. He was born May 22, 1777 in VA, and died 1814 in Leesburg, Washington Co, TN.
More About JEMIMA DOUGLASS:
Date born 2: August 14, 1776
Burial: TX, reburial Oak Hills Cem, Rondo, Miller Co, AR
More About JOSEPH GLASS:
Date born 2: May 22, 1777
Died 2: 1814
Children of JEMIMA DOUGLASS and JOSEPH GLASS are:
i. HIRAM4 GLASS, b. May 17, 1797, Knoxville, TN; d. September 02, 1853; m. SARAH BRAZELTON, June 02, 1824, Jefferson Co, TN; b. 1805, Jefferson Co, TN; d. August 23, 1863.
ii. WYLEY BLOUNT GLASS, b. January 30, 1799, Leesburg, Washington Co, TN; m. (1) JANE ???, Bet. 1827 - 1830; b. 1807, TN; m. (2) ANNIE T. HARRISON, 1838; b. 1806, TN.
iii. MARY GLASS, b. March 11, 1799.
iv. NANCY JANE GLASS, b. December 30, 1800; d. Abt. 1882, Pond Fork, Ozark Co, MO; m. PRESTON D. HASKINS, September 25, 1825, Roane Co, TN; b. Abt. 1805, of Roane Co, Tn.
More About NANCY JANE GLASS:
Burial: Jimmie Forrest ground near Old Haskins Cem, so. Ozark Co, MO
v. LOVICE GLASS, b. December 27, 1802.
vi. MATTHEW A. GLASS, b. May 24, 1806, TN; d. 1875, Trenton, Monroe Co, AR; m. NANCY PUTNAM, December 22, 1831.
vii. ALZIRAH GLASS, b. July 13, 1810.
viii. JOSEPH B. GLASS, b. January 04, 1813; d. May 12, 1866; m. SUSAN CHAPPELL, April 22, 1839.
ix. JOHN C. GLASS, b. June 11, 1815.
x. FILLY? GLASS.
6. ELIZABETH3 DOUGLASS (JONATHAN2, JONATHAN1)
Child of ELIZABETH DOUGLASS is:
i. JOSEPH4 WHITE.
7. JONATHAN3 DOUGLASS, THIRD (JONATHAN2, JONATHAN1) was born May 20, 1791 in prob Johnson City, Washington County, Tennessee, and died June 21, 1841 in Greene County, Missouri.
More About JONATHAN DOUGLASS, THIRD:
Burial: Plainfield, Greenfield Co, MO
Children of JONATHAN DOUGLASS, THIRD are:
i. HARRIET CROCKETT4 DOUGLASS, b. June 11, 1818, Monroe County, Tennessee; d. 1893, Fort Worth, Worth County, Texas; m. ALEXANDER HOGSETT/HOXET.
ii. JAMES ALFRED DOUGLASS, b. March 21, 1821, Monroe County, Tennessee; d. April 23, 1830, prob Monroe County, Tennessee.
iii. JOSEPH RUFUS DOUGLASS, b. May 29, 1823, Monroe County, Tennessee; d. December 31, 1891, Plainfield, Greene County, Missouri; m. CAROLINE C. BOTTOMS, November 26, Rhea Co, TN; b. Abt. 1827, poss Greene County, Missouri.
iv. JOHN G. A. DOUGLASS, b. July 27, 1825, Monroe County, Tennessee; d. August 05, 1826, Monroe County, Tennessee.
v. FRANKLIN C. DOUGLASS, b. August 02, 1826, Monroe County, Tennessee; d. August 05, 1826, Monroe County, Tennessee.
vi. DEWITT CLINTON DOUGLASS, b. November 29, 1828, Monroe County, Tennessee; d. March 01, 1869, Plainfield, Greene County, Missouri.
vii. AMANDA JANE DOUGLASS, b. May 28, 1831, Monroe County, Tennessee; d. October 09, 1831, Monroe County, Tennessee; m. ??? HANKINS?.
viii. MARY ELIZA DOUGLASS, b. March 04, 1834, Jefferson County, Tennessee; d. July 04, 1900, Fort Worth, Worth County, Texas; m. JOHN FLETCHER DAY; b. February 10, 1829, Jefferson County, Tennessee; d. February 14, 1854, Denton, Texas.
ix. OSCAR EAGLETON DOUGLASS, b. April 06, 1836, Monroe County, Tennessee; d. January 28, 1855, Monroe County, Tennessee.
x. THEODORE CROCKETT DOUGLASS, b. November 10, 1838, Monroe County, Tennessee; d. December 10, 1915; m. EMMA CORDELIA DARDEN.
8. MARY POLLY ANN3 DOUGLASS (JONATHAN2, JONATHAN1) was born 1805, and died Aft. 1840 in poss Henry Co, TN. She married EVANS MCADOO. He was born Abt. 1797 in Guilford Co, NC, and died November 1846 in Cass Co, TX.
Children of MARY DOUGLASS and EVANS MCADOO are:
i. JAMES EMSLEY DOUGLAS4 MCADOO, b. Abt. 1817, prob Henry Co, TN; d. November 30, 1895, Comanche Co, TX; m. (1) JANE ELIZABETH MOORE, November 18, 1847, Cass Co, TX; b. Abt. 1832, AL; d. September 09, 1867, Bosque Co, TX; m. (2) NANCY PORTER, Abt. 1848; b. Abt. 1838, Randolph Co, AL; d. April 22, 1880, Bosque Co, TX.
More About JAMES EMSLEY DOUGLAS MCADOO:
Burial: Bosque Co, TX
ii. ELIZABETH ANN "BETSY" MCADOO, b. October 31, 1821, TN; d. February 02, 1904; m. WILLIAM B. STALLCUP, 1846, Marion Co, TX.
iii. WILLIAM C. MCADOO.
iv. GIDEON BLACKBURN MCADOO, m. MARTHA E. MCALEXANDER, December 12, 1849, Cass Co, TX.
v. COLUMBUS E. MCADOO, b. Abt. 1833.
vi. JANE MCADOO.
9. ISABELLA3 DOUGLASS (JONATHAN2, JONATHAN1) was born 1812 in Knox Co, TN, and died 1894 in Denton Co, TX. She married MATTHEW B. DONALD February 12, 1833 in Knox Co, TN. He died 1840 in Denton Co, TX.
Child of ISABELLA DOUGLASS and MATTHEW DONALD is:
i. NANCY ISABELLA4 DONALD, b. AL.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|