Thank you so much!!!
For the benefit of other Baskett Forum readers and to make sure I understood all of your messages to me correctly, I am posting info from all three of your messages in this one message. Please let me know if I misunderstood anything.
1. Henry Tuggle (or Tugwell) SR married Mary Baskett. They had a daughter named Frances Tuggle who was born in Middlesex County VA in 1702. She married Wm. Mansfield. This Frances is not the Frances Baskett that I am inquiring about.
2. Henry Tuggle (or Tugwell) SR had a son named Henry Tuggle JR. You did not say who is mother was.
3. Henry Tuggle JR married Mary Godbey. You said that Mary Godbey's mother was Frances Godby (or Godbey).
4. Later, Mary Godbey (who at this time had the name Mary Godby Tuggle) married Daniel Baskett in Middlesex County. They had a son named Edwin Baskett. By 1737 Mary and Daniel had moved to Goochland County VA. You did not rule out the possibility that they could have had a daughter named Frances Baskett.
5. You saw on a Birth Registry from Goochland County that Frances Basket and David Brentham had their first child in 1762.
Do you know who Henry Tuggle JR's mother was and do you know the full names of the parents of Mary Godby? Also, do you know if Mary Baskett is kin to Daniel Baskett?
You have been a great help! I have relatives who live very near Middlesex County VA who can go to the courthouse (when they can find the time) and verify things for me.
My husband is a Branham. His gggg-grandparents are thought to be Frances Baskett and David Branham, who lived in Goochland County for a while but ended up moving to Kentucky. I also posted a message asking about Frances Baskett's parents on the Branham Forum. As of yesterday, no one has responded to that, yet.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|